Thursday, January 31, 2019

Gardening is Always an Adventure

In the last year or so I've become the crazy plant lady. Yes, crazy plant lady is the new cat lady and there is even a hashtag for it : #plantladyisthenewcatlady

I'm in the learning and experimenting phase and really, I'm trying to go low maintenance and pretty much with natives for the plants. I've joined a local plant swap. Yes, me. I pick up nearly dead plants at a discount and try to revive them. I'll drive to someone's house when they say they're thinning out their flowerbeds. Yep. I've done that a few times.

So what is growing well in the Florida Winter months? A few different things. Take a look.


Yep, the green leaf lettuce is doing nicely and we've had a few salads with it. That broccoli was delicious when I roasted it for lunch one day. I'm watching a few strawberries to see how that goes as well. The arugula is ready to plant as well so wish me luck there. My daughter especially picked that out and says she will eat it! We'll see.

What are your go-to winter veggies in Florida? Any tips to help a newbie out?

No comments:

Post a Comment