Tuesday, January 5, 2016

NOLA Bound

Yes, yes, yes. I know most of my adventures are Florida based but every now and then a girl has to go home, see the family and get back to her roots. It was that time. After a loooooong drive in (plan for about 10 hours from Central Florida) we had a nice visit with friends and family! I never get to everything but it is sure fun to try!


A girl has to eat! Yum!!! Crawfish, mushrooms and potatoes. Yes, please. 


And nothing wrong with some beignets and cafe au lait from Cafe Du Monde. 


There has to be a trip to the French Quarter to soak in the city and view the cathedral.



Finally was able to see the George Rodrigue gallery full of Blue Dogs. 

  
Another Finally!!! Celebration in the Oaks at City Park with Mr. Bingle. 

 

Because one view of the Cathedral is never enough. 


Catching some live music in Jackson Square. 


 

Even the cemeteries are beautiful. 

 

Yep, more food. Just look at that gumbo.

 

More lights. This time in Lafreniere Park.

 

 

Always room for more beignets!

 
Finally got in to Storyland to see some of the spots I played when I was a child. This was my favorite. 

 
More lights. This unicorn was actually in a fountain I played in as a kid. 


Ahhhh, the beautiful carousel in City Park. Always beautiful. 


Well, those are just a few of my memories from going home for the holidays. If you're ever in need of NOLA suggestions just let me know. Best city ever. 

As Chris Rose once said, 

“Dear America,
I suppose we should introduce ourselves: We're South Louisiana...You probably already know that we talk funny and listen to strange music and eat things you'd probably hire an exterminator to get out of your yard. 
We dance even if there's no radio. We drink at funerals. We talk too much and laugh too loud and live too large and, frankly,we're suspicious of others who don't.” 





No comments:

Post a Comment